In Alicia Keys BlackGirlsRock Celebrity News Feministic MakeupFree Say what?

Alicia Keys Launched #MakeupFree Campaign


Alicia Keys just launched her #makeupfree campaign which is an effort to empower all women to accept their natural beauty. The #MakeupFree campaign is also being used to promote her upcoming album, Alicia is letting her beautiful makeup free face shine on the latest cover for FAULT Magazine:


The 35-year-old singer opens up about the pressures women face to be perfect at all times and how going makeup free has empowered her.

She writes:

“Every time I left the house, I would be worried if I didn’t put on makeup: What if someone wanted a picture?? What if they POSTED it??? These were the insecure, superficial, but honest thoughts I was thinking. And all of it, one way or another, was based too much on what other people thought of me.”

She says she grew tired of how women are being brainwashed to believe they have to look a certain way in order for society to accept them. She continues:

“Before I started my new album, I wrote a list of all the things that I was sick of. And one was how much women are brainwashed into feeling like we have to be skinny, or sexy, or desirable, or perfect. One of the many things I was tired of was the constant judgment of women. The constant stereotyping through every medium that makes us feel like being a normal size is not normal, and heaven forbid if you’re plus-size. Or the constant message that being sexy means being naked.”



ForeverMeah says... Crown. 


Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.